Are you considering putting your home up for sale? Were you thinking of selling it yourself? Please read on to see why listing with a Realtor is so much more beneficial.
- Price. Homeowners who sell their homes on their own typically generate $46,000 less than homeowners who work with a Realtor.
- Access to Buyers. Through the Multiple Listing Service, professional contacts and their own database of prospects, Realtors can help you reach the widest range of customers.
- Marketing Expertise. Realtors know the best ways to advertise to attract buyers, plus they can use the marketing muscle of their brokerage to promote your home.
- Sales Skills. Realtors can evaluate your home and suggest improvements to get you maximum value, and they’re skilled at handling showings to generate a positive response.
- Time. Realtors have the time and expertise to handle open houses, showings, inspections and the dozens of other tasks that would take you away from your work and regular routine.
- Negotiation Skills. With years of bargaining experience and expert understanding of the market, Realtors can help you close the deal at the price and terms you want.
- Experience Handling Paperwork. Buying or selling a home involves reams of paperwork that can be hard to understand. Realtors thrive in this world.
- Knowledge of Service Providers. Realtors can refer you to their network of top-quality lenders, lawyers, inspectors and repair people to make sure you get the best result in every stage of your deal.
- Knowledge of Neighborhoods. Realtors know local communities and can help you find a replacement home in the nicest neighborhood and with the best schools.
- Advice after Closing. An experienced Realtor will continue to support you as questions pop up after the deal is done.
This article is from Florida Realtor Magazine, Sept. 2016