41% of next-gen buyers surveyed by Better Homes and Gardens said they’d brag more about a home automation system than a remodeled kitchen. Many will begin looking for their first home. Here are 8 ways your home can appeal to them.
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Outdoor living In a Better Homes and Gardens survey, 77% of next-gen buyers said they wanted a relaxed outdoor retreat.
- Updated interior Next-gen buyers don’t have the time, extra money or desire to renovate.
- Smart Home devices Think self-programming thermostats, wireless security cameras and smart phone-controlled entry locks.
- Low-maintenance flooring, counter-tops, decks
- Energy efficiency Next-gen buyers are willing to pay 2%-3% more for improvements that would lower their power bills.
- Home office for telecommuting Nearly 40% of American workers now work from home at least part of the time, according to a Gallup Inc. survey, and next-gen buyers telecomute frequently.
- Separate laundry room 55% of next-gen buyers wouldn’t buy a home without one, according to an NAHB study.